Regulations of the competition
Regulations of the children's drawing competition VENDEN 2023 "Water in our world"
1. The manufacturer of spring and natural mineral water, VENDEN, organizes a drawing competition for pupils of preschool educational institutions (kindergartens) and educational institutions implementing preschool educational programs from the entire Latvia.
2. Title and theme of the drawing competition: "Water in our world".
3. The competition takes place in several stages:
- Preparation and submission of drawings on the website www.udensdiena.lv: from 1 March until 16 March;
- Public voting for the best drawings and evaluation by the jury: from 17 March until 29 March;
- Announcement of winners on the website www.udensdiena.lv and in VENDEN's social networks: 31 March;
- Awarding: until 30 May or in other deadlines upon particular agreement.
4. Drawings have been divided in the public voting in 4 categories:
- Age group 2 – 4 years, individual participation;
- Age group 5 – 7 years, individual participation;
- Age group 2 – 4 years, group participation;
- Age group 5 – 7 years, group participation.
5. At the end of the competition, authors of drawings and institutions represented by them will be awarded:
5.1. Awards will be given to pre-school educational institutions or educational institutions implementing preschool educational programs, drawings of pupils of which will receive the largest number of votes in open voting in each of the categories listed in Clause 4, for the purchase of sports equipment or materials necessary for training (upon prior agreement with each particular institution):
- 1st place – not exceeding 500 euros, including VAT;
- 2nd place – not exceeding 300 euros, including VAT;
- 3rd place – not exceeding 200 euros, including VAT;
5.2. The jury selects five winners from the first to fifth places from among all works submitted for the competition. Awards have been given to the pre-school educational institution or educational institution implementing preschool educational programs represented by the winner for the purchase of sports equipment or materials necessary for training (upon prior agreement with each particular institution):
- 1st place – not exceeding 500 euros, including VAT;
- 2nd place – not exceeding 400 euros, including VAT;
- 3rd place – not exceeding 300 euros, including VAT;
- 4th place – not exceeding 200 euros, including VAT;
- 5th place – not exceeding 100 euros, including VAT;
5.3. From among all the works submitted for the competition, VENDEN will award the prize of collective sympathy. The award will be given to the pre-school educational institution or educational institution implementing preschool educational programs represented by the winner for the purchase of sports equipment or materials necessary for training (upon prior agreement with each particular institution) in the amount not exceeding 500 euros, including VAT.
5.4. Diplomas and special surprise awards from VENDEN will be given to the winners who will take the first ten places in the public voting in all four categories specified in Clause 4, as well as to the authors of the drawings who will take the first five places the evaluation by the jury and to the author of the drawing who will receive the prize of sympathy from VENDEN.
5.5. Moreover, the jury will select and award 20 authors of drawings with certificates of appreciation and gifts from VENDEN for the artistic performance, and 25 authors of drawings – with certificates of appreciation for artistic performance.
5.6. Prizes are not given in the form of cash or gift cards.
5.7. The same institution can participate and receive awards in all categories.
5.8. An educational institution can win only 1 (one) cash prize in each of the public voting categories; if the drawings of the pupils of an educational institution win several prizes in the same category, only the largest of the obtained cash prizes is awarded to it. In this case, the authors of the drawings are awarded in accordance with the obtained places, but the fund of undistributed prizes is given to the educational institution(s) that took the next place.
Rules for participants
6. Pupils of preschool educational institutions, private preschool educational institutions and educational institutions implementing preschool educational programs between the age of two and seven are invited to participate in the competition on the theme "Water in our world" both individually and in groups.
7. Children are not limited in their imagination when making a drawing on a plane, preferably in A4 format. Children are allowed to freely choose drawing techniques – pencils, felt-tip pens, chalks, watercolours, gouache, appliqués, etc. It is prohibited to indicate author’s name and surname on the drawing.
8. The prepared drawing must be scanned or, if it is impossible, photographed in high quality and saved electronically in JPG, JPEG or PNG formats. Authors of drawings may not be seen on the scan or photo.
9. During the period between March 1 and March 16 (including), the drawing must be uploaded to the website www.udensdiena.lv. To do it, the representative of a preschool educational institution (kindergarten) or educational institution implementing preschool educational programs (for example, a teacher, nanny or director) needs to fill in the registration form and create the cabinet to upload children’s drawings, specifying the following information:
- Name and surname of the author of the drawing;
- Information about whether the drawing is elaborated individually, or it is the work of several authors or a group;
- Age of the author of the drawing or average age of the group, if the drawing was developed collectively;
- Title and/or description of the drawing.
All personal data received during the competition has been irretrievably deleted within 6 months from the end of the competition.
Performing a public voting
10. Uploaded drawings in the period from March 17 to March 29, 2023, will take part in a public vote to determine the winners in the categories specified in Clause 4.
11. Website for voting: www.udensdiena.lv.
12. To participate in voting, website visitors must log in via Facebook or Google profiles.
13. It is allowed to vote for an unlimited number of drawings, but no more than once for the same drawing per day.
14. Voting for each drawing takes place with an assessment from 1 to 5 points, where 1 is the lowest and 5 is the highest possible evaluation. The points received during the public voting are summed up, and ten people who scored the highest number of points in each of the four categories specified in Clause 4 become the winners.
15. While voting, the following information is published about the author (authors) of the drawing, created individually or in a group (1 – 5 children): name, surname initials, age, name of the educational institution. At the same time, if all or most of the group of preschool educational institution (kindergarten) or educational institution implementing preschool educational programs participate in the elaboration of the drawing, the following information will be published about it: the name of the group, the average age of its pupils, the name of the educational institution.
16. Copyright and intellectual property rights affecting competition, including the VENDEN trademark, are protected. Any offer of material or immaterial values without VENDEN's permission is considered a violation of VENDEN’s rights. VENDEN shall keep the right to temporarily suspend or completely terminate voting for particular drawing at all, if bad-faith behaviour is detected during the competition, including attempts to buy votes, or other actions aimed at acquisition of a larger number of votes by dishonest means.
Evaluation by the jury
17. To evaluate creative skills and achievements of the authors of the submitted works, the drawings will be evaluated by an independent jury – teachers of Baldone Art School:
- Talivaldis Muzikants – artist, member of Latvian Union of Artists, director of Baldone Art School, art teacher,
- Ieva Muzikante – artist, member of the Latvian Union of Artists, teacher at Baldone Art School,
- Sandra Lagzdina – artist, member of the Latvian Union of Artists, teacher at Baldone Art School.
18. The jury will evaluate the submitted drawings according to the following criteria:
- Water is depicted as a special and important value of our life;
- The author’s independent and creative interpretation of the topic;
- Independence and originality in creating the drawing;
- The style of the work pursuant to the author's age;
- Image, emotions, expression of the work of art;
- Ecological aspect – pure water as the basis for the existence of life.
19. As a result of the jury's evaluation, 5 winners, first to fifth place winners will be determined, who will be awarded according to procedure set forth in Clause 7. In addition, another 45 authors of drawings will be awarded pursuant to procedure set forth in Clause 5.5.
20. When applying for participation in the competition, applicants (preschool educational institutions or educational institutions implementing preschool educational programs) obtain approvals for public voting on the prepared drawing, on the website specified by VENDEN.
21. VENDEN reserves the right to contact the representatives of the authors of the drawings about the possibility of further use of the drawings for marketing purposes, for example for the preparation of representative materials.
22. In case of receiving consent, VENDEN reserves the right and authorized representatives of the authors give their consent to publish the drawings or their parts, е.g. photograph, scan or otherwise digitize the drawings, make the necessary changes in them, including, but not limited to, changing the dimensions of the drawings or their parts, transforming or rotating the drawings or their parts, make corrections in the contrast, sharpness of colours, their brightness and/or other parameters of the drawing, delete or correct defects, imperfections or other elements of the drawings, make any other changes to improve the general appearance of the drawings and/or all representative or other materials or effectiveness without further coordination with the author's authorized representatives.
23. Awards for the preschool educational institution have been prepared after announcing the winners, upon agreeing with the pre-school educational institution or educational institution implementing preschool educational programs represented by the winner institution on the necessary sports equipment and materials needed in the educational process, but no later than until May 30, 2023, unless parties have agreed on another deadline.
24. Any claims regarding the drawing competition are resolved by mutual agreement between the representatives of VENDEN and the preschool education institution or educational institution implementing preschool educational programs.
25. E-mail for communication in case of questions or objections: [email protected].